- great accessories. beautiful leather bags in various shades of brown. smart, stylish hats, delicate but distinctive lockets (her signature look).
- stylish shoes. old black converse chucks, chocolate knee high books, trendy and comfy winter boots.
- to die for outfits. beautiful sweaters and blouses in great patterns, textures and colors. tailored pants and flattering tweed pencil skirts.
- gorgeous coats. she wore a beige short pea coat, a belted plaid 3/4 coat and an army green military inspired long coat with silver hardware.
- lovely night time wear from adorable undershirts to cutesy long john shirts.
it helped tremendously that autumn downtown new york was the backdrop for "purple violets." despite the name, the film was filled with rich pumpkin, raisin and chocolatey hues. other characters like ed burns and debra messing have great fashion moments in the film as well. but, selma is the most consistent and impressive. she achieves an effortless chic but laidback look. the look whispers "i'm an artist who puts comfort and creativity ahead of trends." so, add this movie to your netflix queue to enjoy the fantastic fashion choices. you just may learn a few new tricks for your own fall wardrobe.
here are a few scenes from the movie with great style (i snapped them from the tv as i watched, lol).