Monday, August 30, 2010
- embrace plaid
- keep it baggy (at least your pants)
- camouflage and gortex are a must
- run dmc said it best...my adidas-stansmiths and shelltops
- natural hair (whatever your texture) is the bee's knees
- skullies never hurt nobody
- wear a witty revolutionary tee (maybe one that celebrates a legend)
and keep it groovy!
xoxo jenna pearle*
Sunday, August 29, 2010
i would love this dress in a muted silver instead of the gold with a little less shoulder detail. what are your thoughts?
Friday, August 27, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
xoxo jenna pearle*
Last week, Links à la Mode fashioned a roundup of the latest fashion perspectives and trends for the anticipation of another highly anticipated Fall. With the "September" editions landing on our doorsteps and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week right around the corner, we brace our pocketbooks for the damage it is about to endure. Whether the latest developments in plus size fashion, a Brazilian blowout, or style inspirations, this week's links act as a guide of both inspiration and aspirations to Fall fashion. Before we delve into snatching up the latest "it" items from our secret wish (lust) list, below are a few must reads from the intuitive fashion bloggers who share their insights of what to expect from fashion, head to toe.
Links à la Mode: August 19th
- All Tumble Down- Focusing on style "best practices"; what we do well instead of what we don't
- Amanda Lee- 6 Great Ways to Repurpose Your Clothing
- Beyond Fabric- Tips on size and fit for menswear
- Chic Steals- Street Style the New Determinate of Cool? The Evolution of the Girl Next Door as Style Icon
- Dramatis Personae- Style on the Run Guest Post: Fall Lust List
- Fashion Cents- wants to make sure you don't break any vows. Get 3 tips on what to wear to a wedding this season
- Fashion Pulse Daily- Dana Lorenz, designer of Fenton Fallon Jewelry, oversees a blogger DIY jewelry session in her Lower East Side Boutique
- Fete a Fete- Review of Givenchy's new Blooming Fall 2010 makeup collection
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How Does the Coach Poppy Project Benefit Bloggers?
- Just B- B Deceived: Handbags in disguise
- Lovely and Lavish- Fall 2010 RTW: the Worst Accessories!
- Manda Bear- Sally Hansen Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes - Reviews, Swatches and a Giveaway
- Mrs. Bossa Does the Do- Autumn's a-comin', and brings with it our perennial love of heritage chic - dig out your sequins and tweed, ladies...
- RetroChick- 5 ways to update your wardrobe for next to nothing
- Return to Sender- A fabulous interview with fat acceptance advocate, and author of FAT!So?, Marilyn Wann and her view on "fashion."
- Shoe Day Dreams- Skin Secrets - maintenance is key over the long-haul.
- Style Eyes Fashion- Fashion bloggers and consumerism - how fashion bloggers are discouraging consumerism and encouraging sustainable style
- Style Wax Poetic- 10 to die for shoes All Under $100.
- The Curvy Fashionista- Plus size indie label, Jibri gives the Curvy.Confident.Chic Fashionistas a tease with her Fall 2010 collection
- The Coveted- Blown away by the Brazilian Blowout
- Watch this Place- Dark, but don't let it be dreary... how to wear Autumn's dark colors without looking drab.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
the collage is one of the most interesting mediums of art. that is why i was so pleased to have found the artist, daniel amazu wasser and a couple of pieces of his work. honestly, i don't know much about him. his work just happened to pop up on my page and i was intrigued. just asked to be his fb friend so if he accepts, hopefully i'll be able to tell you more. what do you think?
Monday, August 16, 2010
drew barrymore-make no mistake, ms. b is down for her girls. she's the type of friend that will never put her current beau in front of her longtime chicas. giggly, sweet and a bit spacy, drew has the perfect combination for fun. she's the type to help you party hard, all the while completely sober.
amber rose-the friend that causes controversy. there are some nights when you want all eyes on you (and your crew). at least, i do. dressing up in outrageous clothes, dancing wild on the dance floor, meeting as many people as you can...the makings of a beautiful night. amber rose has the star quality, the pizazz to ensure a phenomenal night.