celebrating inclusive beauty since 2009

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

allure of lauryn




lauryn hill was my hero when i was in high school. i'm sure i'm not alone in this. for me, she represented a beauty that wasn't recognized much up to that point. mahogany brown skin, african features, natural hair...this was NOT the beauty norm! yet, l-boog's beauty was undeniable. to top it all off, she was intelligent, talented and outspoken. aren't all these attributes the exact makings of a hero? i don't know what her future plans will include but i think she certainly deserves to be celebrated for what she gave me, what she gave us.
one of those gifts she graced us with was style. ecclectic, afrocentric, urban and all around chic, ms. hill rarely disappointed us in her heyday. it was quite influential to my wardrobe during my college life. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that one day soon she'll be back on the scene serving up provoking poetry with a side of sassy style.
xoxo jenna pearle*




No comments: